Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pumpkin Gratitude

The best part about yesterday was that as soon as I had finished my blog post, I got off the couch and got to work. I did three loads of laundry, took the little boys to the farmer's market for pumpkins and produce, picked up #1 from art club, did a Costco run, did the dishes, sent Brandon on a errand on his way home from the office and he returned with ice cream for the kids and flowers for me (yay!), made a wonderful dinner with my daughters (fresh corn on the cob, tilapia, rice, salad, rolls), and then we carved pumpkins for FHE. Here are the pumpkins:




I was tired, but grateful. There are days/weeks when I can't seem to muster up any energy or desire to do more than the bare minimum. Sometimes, I simply cannot. But on the days when I can, I'm so grateful! I feel like me again. Like the kind of mother I want to be, too.

What did you do yesterday that made you grateful?

P.S. This might be one of the shortest blog posts I've ever written!  

1 comment:

Linda Liebhardt said...

I didn't DO anything. I was just GRATEFUL!! I just love riding my bike through crunchy leaves on the way to and from work. Well, I guess that is DOing something. I just love our little town. I'm always grateful for peace and safety and abundance. It can't be taken for granted. I love fall. It's Halloween and I found the cards I'd addressed for my grandkids and not mailed. Duh. So, I'm grateful it's just Halloween and not the end of the world. ha. And they are very forgiving of my forgetfulness. :-)